There are indications that there was a church here in the 12th Century and the first record of a parish priest is in 1306.

The nave and tower were added c.1523 and the church was rebuilt in the mid 1850s and re-opened in 1858. A newspaper report claims “the number of sittings is 121”. People must have slimmer in those days!

There used to be in excess of 60 dwellings. Now there are 34 and a population of less than 100.