The church is 13th century in origin and is closely linked with Wilcot and Oare. It was probably neglected in the 16th century and was refurbished in 1609. In 1672 it fell into disrepair and needed complete rebuilding in 1751.
The present church is shorter and dates from 1785.
Archaeological work has exposed an aisle chapel and other parts of the original building.