There is a list of clergy dating back to 1290. Traces of the mediaeval building include fragments of painted glass reset in the Star window in the chancel. The four bay arcade has 13th century supporting columns and there is an arched wall tomb.
The greatly loved Parson Gale (1846-1893) oversaw the much needed restoration in 1875.
The tower dates from the 15th century.